Friday, August 7, 2020

God Is Good







Happy Thursday Reverend Latrice Hughes

here

I had to record something for you today

because I had one of those moments where

I was about to

jump up out of my skin it's amazing the

things that god can do in your life

when you seek him with all your your

heart mind body and soul

and you put forth the effort to improve

yourself

I have conversations with people that

I’ve known for years

and it's amazing how some of the people

that that have known me for a long

period of time

they know that who there has to be a god

because she was a handful back in the

day

and then there are those uh you know

that I've known

uh more intimately um as far as family

is concerned and they're like oh well

you used to do this you used to do that

and all I can say is well ain't god good

because if he can save me honey

I know he can save you, but you know

seek to improve yourself and you can't

worry about the things that other people

say about you because sometimes people

want to take you back to the person that

you were

because it will force them to take a

look at themselves and want to improve

themselves

I give all the glory to god because I

was

I was a handful back in the day you know

but take the time to

look within yourself and see areas where

you can improve

you know god has the ability to change a

person instantaneously and

you'll be amazed that once god turns

that light on you'll wake up one day and

your mind will no longer be the way that

it once was

because he's going to give you the tools

and equip you

with the attributes and characteristics

that you need to move in the direction

he's taking you in

you know for a long time in my youth I

can remember and I’m not ashamed of it

you know

uh being beat daily you know, and I would

sit up in class

in elementary junior high and even in

high school

and my mind was not focused on school

you know

it's amazing how children you know they

mimic

the behavior and the things they see

their parents do and the things that go

on in their household

but god is good because god you know he

has the ability to fix things within you

you know if you're broken and you need

to heal god can fix those things I’m a

testimony to that

you know so try to expose your children

to things that are positive you know

children misbehave, and they say and do

things that probably aggravate you and I

don't have any and I’m grateful

because god has other things planned for

me children are not in my future unless

I adopt

but you know sometimes children do bad

things if you tell a child they're bad

they will think they're bad you know I

am mindful to use

certain words with children because they

remember the things that you tell them

you know maybe they are being bad at

that moment but I prefer to use the

words like

your behavior is not uh positive at this

moment or your behavior is not

in line with what I would like to see

you be doing

you know because children remember if

you tell a child or a person something

long enough

they believe those negative things about

their self but god can be trusted to

hear your mind make you stronger than

anybody

you know anybody but

you know it's it's a it's a wonderful

thing seek ye first the kingdom of god

and all his righteousness and all will

be added to you

because if not for god I would probably

be dead

you know I have been known to take some

risks in my time

and in my travels for the last five

years I have

learned so many things being exposed to

other cultures

and learning about other religions

because there's more than one truth

but it's what resonates with you your

foundation

you know walk in the spirit of the lord

and the spirit knows notices things that

the flesh doesn't the spirit and the

flesh are always in constant conflict

the devil the prince of the air comes to

steal kill and destroy if the holy

spirit speaks to you and tells you to do

something

trust in the holy spirit because he that

is within is greater

than she that is within the world have a

blessed and wonderful thirsty and I hope

this uplifts you in in some way because

it show get uplift me have a blessed and

wonderful Thursday

 

No comments:

Post a Comment