Sunday, August 31, 2014

Flip the Script

I didn't get to blog for a couple of days. Been trying to make things happen. Check this out! I'm going to switch things up a bit today. I can't let you think, it just all basketball. I'm into others sports, music, the arts and well everything. It is strange to discover things about yourself, yet knowing there is always someone out there going through something similar. Although we may have various circumstances, there are always things we can relate to.

We try to pretend sometimes things don't bother us. We couldn't stand the thought of someone thinking we are weak or sensitive. That's just it. Life is all in what you make of it. I once tried to pretend to be something for others. Forget that. I love people. I don't care if you're ugly, fat, funky, hollow-mouthed, or just plain tore up! If I connect with you or can carry on a conversation with you; I don't care who likes you.

We are all human beings. There is always somebody that just needs "a kind word." If you have fame or not, don't let that stop you from speaking to that lowly person you see on the street. I have met some of the best people that way. Don't get me wrong, I know folks be tripping! Just take a few minutes to say hello. Maybe, even just smile. You might save someone's life that day.

I thought about Robin Williams. He was wealthy, famous, and had things most people will never obtain. The one thing he didn't have; was somebody to "Keep it real" with him. Maybe if he did, they could have reminded him of all the things he had to be grateful for. I can't say for sure, but there is this deep sadness that comes over me. I didn't know him personally, but I know how it feels to need someone and be all alone.

It is amazing how life throws things at you. I know that, by the things I have experienced. A true friend is hard to find. Even when they talk about you, or do hurtful things. Maybe that is all they know. I had a chance to hurt someone by hating them or forgive them. I did't want that to stop my blessings or carry that weight, so I let it go.

There are endless possibilities in life. This I have experienced. The one thing that is true, we all need someone. You can have all the material things in this world. The thing we need; is that somebody, that will care when nobody, is there to catch you when you're feeling down. Do something that someone can never repay you for, when no one else is around. That my friend's is "Keeping It Real"!

No comments:

Post a Comment